Mochi – An ‘Engaged’ Kitten | Posh Pets Studio™
Being a Toronto pet photographer has its perks. Quite often I get to celebrate the joy that comes along with the arrival of a new furry family member, which can be such fun. But TINY Mochi’s arrival was even more special because she got to be a BIG part of a very important day for her family – the day her humans got engaged! (Tell me, what you were doing when you were only 9-weeks old?) But yes, Mochi was the culmination of a very well-executed plan that her Dad had come up with in order to woo Mum into saying, ‘yes’. (She did!)
Given those happy circumstances, during their Design Consult, both Mum and Dad said that they were hoping to incorporate the ring into some of the final portraits. While they may have thought it might be impossible because well, it would require posing a kitten, Mochi showed that she can model like a star.
Of course, in our never-ending quest to create timeless artwork, we mainly photographed Mochi as herself at this very brief period in her life. Mochi is a ragdoll kitten and will therefore grow to be much larger than she was the day we had her in our studio. Her colouring will change and her ‘tips’ will darken, so it was important to photograph in a way that preserves her ‘kittenhood’ forever.
There was one image that I envisioned in my mind before the session, believing that Mochi would be the perfect model. Reminiscent of fine art newborn photography, the beauty of this image is the colour, drape and texture of the fabric with an equally richly-coloured background. The monochromatic palette makes Mochi come alive. And just look at those stunning blue eyes!
In the end, Mochi went home with a gorgeous Posh Pets® Folio and a large piece of canvas wall art. I cannot wait until she returns for her second session…all grown up!
Interested in a Posh Pets Studio™ Session for your puppy or kitten? Find the details on how you can book, below.
POSH PETS STUDIO™ SESSIONS
Classic studio portraiture
- Studio portraits with a twist...we come to YOU! These sessions mean we are bringing the backdrop, the lights and all of the equipment necessary to set up a photo studio in your home. Of course, if you prefer, you are welcome to come to our studio.
- The result of this series is classic artwork with a timeless aesthetic that you will be proud to display on your walls.
- Ideal for puppies, smaller breeds, cats or pets who are not comfortable travelling or spending time in the great outdoors.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed at a cost of $50 per subject.
- Examples of portraits from Posh Pets Studio™ Sessions can be found here.