Gracie | Pet Photography in Mississauga, Ontario
The first thing you notice upon meeting Gracie are her eyelashes. Long and dark, her dad said he is regularly stopped by strangers while on their daily walks to ask if they are real. Well, after meeting her, I can assure you all…they are real and they are beautiful. As is the rest of Gracie who I had the pleasure of photographing on one of the hottest, stickiest days in August.
We almost postponed due to the humid weather. Dogs of Gracie’s size rarely enjoy the heat, and it was HOT. But we had already postponed once due to a crazy summer thunderstorm and everyone was eager to finally get together and make this happen. So, we chose a time just before sunset, along the water, with lots of shade…and made a plan to ensure that we didn’t all wilt.
The sun was quite low at this point, but the seeing the golden rays peek just above the tall grasses adds a little something to the photo. That, and Gracie’s cute leaning sit and little tongue. And yes, her batting eyelashes.
Family photography in Mississauga
As a pet photographer, I am not often called upon to photograph children. In most cases, my clients don’t have children at home – either because the children are grown and have left home or because the dog is the child, furry as they may be. However, in this case, we had 3 children. Three! I’ll admit that I was not sure what to expect. However, I need not have worried for this family has 3 of the loveliest children I have ever met. Every one of them was well-spoken and able to not only follow directions but to give voice to their opinions and preferences when asked. Honestly, they were a joy to photograph!
We decided to create an informal family portrait along the waterfront with the lake and marina. When they saw the finished portrait, they exclaimed: It looks like we went on vacation!
By the time were done, we had captured each of the children with their beloved dog, incredible family portraits, and some solo portraits of the gorgeous Gracie herself. She is so very loved and I cannot wait to photograph this beautiful family again!
See what Dad has to say about their experience by clicking here –> REVIEWS
Want a ‘vacation’ photography session for your dog? Get the details and contact us below:
POSH PETS BOUTIQUE™ SESSIONS
Where it all begins
- Pre-session Design Consult that ensures we create images you will be thrilled with.
- The result is gorgeous custom artwork the life your pet shares with your family.
- A personal Ordering Consultation to ensure you select the right images from the gallery.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed for a small additional fee.
- Examples of portraits from Posh Pets Boutique™ Sessions can be found here.