3 Local Ways to Celebrate Fall With Your Dog
Temps are getting cooler and that means it’s a great time to get out and about with your pup. As a dog photographer, I’m so happy to live, love and laugh with pups at all the best spots around Toronto and the GTA so I’ve put together a list of my favorite dog-friendly places below.
What’s your favourite? Email me and let me know!
1. Grab a drink on a dog-friendly patio
Toronto recently changed the by-laws so more places have the option to have dogs on their patios. And with some (finally!) cooler temps in town, it will be more comfortable to sit outside in a cozy sweater and get a drink. I love this place because of it was one of the first breweries to welcome dogs. It’s also super cool because of the name – Black Dog Brewing. If you haven’t been before, seek out Snoopy, who is the original black dog.
2. Go south to an island
Okay, so not that far south. As everyone here knows, but sometimes forgets, Toronto has its own island(s) that are accessible by quick ride on a dog-friendly ferry. The fall ferry schedule still offers lots of options for coming and going from the island and when you get there, you can create the iconic photo of your pup with our wonderful skyline.
3. Get out of town and take a hike
Southern Ontario has so many gorgeous conservation areas to explore and Autumn is the perfect time to visit. I first visited Kelso when I tagged along with Otis and his mum to photograph them. Dogs love to hike on the trails and smell all the smells. People love it because, if you choose to hike up to the top, you have a beautiful view of the area and the Fall colours. And, if you get to the lookout in time, you can enjoy the sunset together.
4. Take more photos
One extra little bonus tip because you know there would be something wrong if I didn’t remind you to make memories and take more photos of your dog! Put on your most stylish outfits, get outside and explore. Better yet, get photos of you with your pup in the Autumn colours, among the fall leaves. And if that sounds like the perfect day, I just might know the perfect pet photographer…
So, that will get you started in celebrating the most beautiful time of year! Did I leave something out? Email me and tell me which local places you love to take your dog during Fall!
A Fall/Autumn session with your pup? Yes, please! (Psst…it’s our busiest season, so make sure you plan this now.)
POSH PETS BOUTIQUE™ SESSIONS
Where it all begins
- Pre-session Design Consult that ensures we create images you will be thrilled with.
- The result is gorgeous custom artwork the life your pet shares with your family.
- A personal Ordering Consultation to ensure you select the right images from the gallery.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed for a small additional fee.
- Examples of portraits from Posh Pets Boutique™ Sessions can be found here.