I took a deep breath and asked her if she was serious. Yes. Yes, she was.
So, we went into super-hero mode and planned the entire session right at that moment (a 7-month old Chow puppy and a 7-year old toy Pomeranian), ensured that we could both move a few prior commitments around and agreed to meet at 6:45 a.m. the following morning. Starting a session at that time of the morning sounds a bit crazy, but it meant that there were less people (although surprisingly, there were quite a few). And, the light was gorgeous.
That morning I met Bijou and Yoshi and fell in love instantly. Don’t let the size of a toy pomeranian fool you – Bijou is quite firmly the ‘girl boss’ of this duo. Yoshi may be 10 times her size and full of drooling, puppy silliness, but Bijou was always waiting patiently for him to realize that photography sessions are serious business. She came dressed in pearls and there was no way she was going home without beautiful images. I’m very happy to say that that is exactly what Bijou got. Here’s a sampling of the some of the images we created that morning…
We got a family portrait (or two or three)…
No trip to High Park is complete without photograph by the Magnolia tree. With the little princess herself, of course.
High Park has tons of locations to explore, but this was special to Afarin. That amazing golden morning light is only available to those who wake up early.
A couple of formal portraits of the babies themselves.
We were literally stopped everywhere we went because of this good-looking brother and sister pair…
And finally, we ended up in front of one of the most iconic skylines in the world.
I loved this session and how it came together! And Afarin was thrilled (you can read her review here).
A custom-designed session is what Posh Pets is all about. Taking the time to plan means creating images that are meaningful to you and truly capture the memories of you and your pets. If you are interested in having your own session, I’d love to hear from you.
POSH PETS BOUTIQUE™ SESSIONS
Where it all begins
- Pre-session Design Consult that ensures we create images you will be thrilled with.
- The result is gorgeous custom artwork showcasing the life your pet shares with your family.
- A personal Ordering Consultation to ensure you select the right images from the gallery.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed for a small additional fee.
- Examples of portraits from Posh Pets Boutique™ Sessions can be found here.