Khaleesi | Toronto Puppy Photography Series
It was mum that first contacted me. She was so excited because the family was welcoming a brand new puppy into the home and she wanted to document it. I, of course, was thrilled to hear this because the mere idea of photographing a new puppy is always a special high for me. I was even more excited when they chose A Year in the Life Luxury Portrait Series – this is the premier Toronto puppy photography series, giving them a chance to document Khali as she grew. The 3 sessions would be at their home, at the cottage and downtown Toronto. We were set!
A little side point: Khali (Khaleesi) is named after a character in a little known TV show. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Now, I must admit, I have never watched an episode of Game of Thrones, but you really could not get away from all of the press surrounding the series ending. So…I know enough to know that this little, furry Khali will have a much better ending 🙂
First Photography Session | Home as a Brand New Puppy
Our first location was at home. Khali was so, so tiny! Precisely the reason I encourage everyone to book their session before the puppy comes home – this smallness is such a fleeting moment in their lives and you soon forget how very little they were. It was Dad’s idea to photograph her in his bucket because it would give him a frame of reference as Khali grew.
We also did a few portraits of the happy couple with Khali in Dad’s arms. She literally was so light he could hold her with one arm!
Second Photography Session | The Cottage
A few months later, we made the drive north to their beautiful cottage on a lake. We headed out to the dock and did some puppy and family shots. You can see how she had grown in just a few short weeks!
We also did a family portrait in front of the cottage. This one will hang on the wall.
Final Session | Downtown Toronto
Khali is truly a Toronto pup – a dog from the 6ix. So, it made sense to photograph her in front of one fo the most recognizable skylines in the world. By this time, she knew the drill. Pose, look amazing and get all the treats! I really think she should have a cape here.
And, of course, one with Dad. It is these kinds of images, taken over a series, that really highlights the growth spurt puppies go through. And, if you cannot already tell – Khali has her Dad wrapped around her (now much bigger) paw.
Finally a portrait in the leaves. Afterall, it is a beautiful time of year in Toronto.
Thank you Khali for taking me on the epic ride during the first year of your life. I know your mom and dad and brother all love you very much – and I hear you might have a starring role in some upcoming nuptials! (Psst…let me know if you need a personal photographer to capture the day from your point of view 😉
Want your very own session with your new puppy? Here is how you can make it happen…
YEAR IN THE LIFE SESSIONS
A series of Boutique™ Sessions to capture the first year or the seasons.
- A series of three (3) Posh Pets Boutique™ Sessions throughout the year. Perfect for capturing puppy or kitty’s first year. Or, to document the life your pet leads with the different beautiful seasons we enjoy in Southern Ontario as your backdrop.
- The result of this series will be a gorgeous life story that you will treasure forever.
- A Posh Pets Studio™ Session can be substituted for one of your session for a small fee.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed at a cost of $50 per subject.
- More information on A Year in the Life Sessions can be found here.