I’ve photographed this lovely family through the years as dogs changed – it has always been the highlight of my year. The goal is always one beautiful family portrait and we have tried to make each year unique and different from the one before it. We don’t travel to any epic locations, but with a little scouting have always ended up with something that is beautifully framed for the wall.
Here is the 2022 version that was taken just steps from the family home:
Poppy is a senior now and she’s moving a little slower than the last time I saw her. But she is still beautiful and still willing to do whatever we ask of her. We had to help her a little to get up on the rock, but once there, she was happy to rest and pose.
Henry is a little older and wiser now than last time – he was a puppy and made us work for the final family photo! He makes us laugh with his ever-changing expressions and easily distracted demeanor. It’s a lot to ask from a dog in a public park to focus his attention on YOU, but we made it work.
Relationships are everthing.
I always tell clients that I will never force anyone to get in photos with their dogs, but that I ask that you come dressed to do so because it gives you options. I truly believe that relationships are what makes our time with dogs so special – they are important parts of our families and our lives. Capturing the essence of that is what I live for.
Poppy is, and always has been, Daddy’s girl. And his care and attention to her needs are such a wonderful joy to observe. A quiet moment together and loving caress…Poppy laps it all up.
As for Henry, some ‘photographer secrets’ will be spilled here…
By the end of our session, Henry had managed to get his paws dirty. Like, really dirty. Called upon to sit with his mum, he managed to transfer the dirt and hair from him to all over her pants and blouse. So…a little retouching was in order. That’s what you get when you hire a professional – a little finesse to achieve an elevated reality and wonderful portraits.
POSH PETS BOUTIQUE™ SESSIONS
Where it all begins
- Pre-session Design Consult that ensures we create images you will be thrilled with.
- The result is gorgeous custom artwork the life your pet shares with your family.
- A personal Ordering Consultation to ensure you select the right images from the gallery.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed for a small additional fee.
- Examples of portraits from Posh Pets Boutique™ Sessions can be found here.