Helvetica. If you have ever used a software program, you have heard of the font Helvetica. It has been described as ‘the little black dress of typefaces‘ for its versatility and seemingly unending uses for a wide range of projects.
In the world of Posh Pets® Photography, Helvetica is a well-loved feline. (It probably comes as no surprise that kitty’s mum is a graphic designer.) Mum wanted gorgeous photos of Helvetica in her prime as well as some beautiful portraits of her with her family. There was really only one issue: Helvie, as she is affectionately called, does not enjoy travelling. So, mum asked me to bring a studio photography session to their home. I was happy to do so and it is an extra service I offer for those special clients that have no need for little black dresses because they are not planning on going anywhere.
So, we made plans. The photo session was to capture a couple of portraits of Helvetica alone and then a few with mum and dad. We discussed where the artwork would be displayed in their home, their interior colour scheme, and with that information, decided upon a pink/grey theme for the photographs.
When I arrived, Helvetica spent some time watching me set up. Lighting tests were completed and we got down to the business of photographing this gorgeous cat.
This was one of the first images we got of Helvetica looking regal. It can take some time for a feline to settle into a position that is comfortable for them and that is worthy of photographing, but Helvie gave us her best.
By the time a cat is willing to lie down on their side, you know you have been bestowed with one of the greatest honours an animal can grant you – trust. By this point, Helvie was starting to think that the modeling gig was paying off as she was rewarded with copious amounts of praise, treats and pets.
(And, I will always think of this image’s title as paint me like one of your french girls.)
We also created a few sweet family portraits of Helvetica with her mum and dad, but we are keeping those under wraps. 🙂
Since I delivered the final images, I have been told that grandma and grandpa were thrilled, and everyone that has seen the photos has ooo’d and ahhh’d. As a result, we might even be meeting a couple of the other felines in the extended family for their own sessions! Best of all, Helvie’s family has beautiful prints that are going to be proudly displayed in their home.
Helvie, thank you so much for inviting us into your home and letting us photograph you and your family. It was a such an honour to meet you!
Interested in a Posh Pets Studio™ Session for your puppy or kitten? Find the details on how you can book, below.
POSH PETS STUDIO™ SESSIONS
Classic studio portraiture
- Studio portraits with a twist...we come to YOU! These sessions mean we are bringing the backdrop, the lights and all of the equipment necessary to set up a photo studio in your home. Of course, if you prefer, you are welcome to come to our studio.
- The result of this series is classic artwork with a timeless aesthetic that you will be proud to display on your walls.
- Ideal for puppies, smaller breeds, cats or pets who are not comfortable travelling or spending time in the great outdoors.
- Please note: The Creative Fee covers time and talent to photograph a maximum of four (4) subjects, which can be any combination of people and up to two (2) pets who live within the same household. Additional subjects may be photographed at a cost of $50 per subject.
- Examples of portraits from Posh Pets Studio™ Sessions can be found here.