I love “beginnings”… so much promise and excitement! It is fun to imagine where life might take you and what might be accomplished. However,”might” is not a great business plan for it really is no plan at all. So, for the past few weeks I have been brainstorming and planning goals for 2013. I thought I would share them here so that I can stay focussed on them (accountability and all that) as well as let you all in on some exciting news.
1. There will be some changes to the look and feel of the Posh Pets Photography brand in 2013. There really isn’t anything else I can share right now as we are right at the beginning of this project. But, I am very excited to be working with such talented people on this and I will share things as soon as I can!
2. I am going to continue to submit my work for publication and features. There is nothing like seeing your work published. That means that my clients can look forward to not only having their images shared with Posh Pets’ fans who follow the blog, but with a far wider international audience…we are going to create some stars!
3. Posh Pets Photography is currently working on a special project with Pawsh Magazine that is to be launched in early 2013! If you haven’t seen the work of Laura L. Benn and/or Pawsh Magazine, well get on over and check it out! I came across her magazine and saw the gorgeous imagery, I knew I wanted to work with her. Then, the name (Pawsh – Posh, get it?) coupled with the fact that she divides her time between Ottawa and Toronto…well, I was hooked. A few months of corresponding and we’ve come up with a collaboration that is going to be awesome!
4. I am going to continue to reach out and foster strong relationships with other local businesses who work with the same clients that I do. There are a few things percolating here as well…stay tuned!
5. I made a promise to myself when I started Posh Pets Photography – I would invest in my education by attending a workshop/mentoring/conference each year. To me, it is crucial that I do so so that I can create the best imagery possible for my clients. I’ve kept that promise each year and I promise you, 2013 will be no different.
6. I will seriously start shooting on film. I have a camera, film and even shot a frame or two! But, 2013 will be the year that I shoot film for personal projects and really hone my skills. I would love to integrate film into my business, but for now I will keep it just personal.
7. I will continue to work with shelter and rescue organizations to help their adoptables find their forever homes. This work is especially rewarding to me and I invite anyone who has adopted an animal from one of my images to please reach out and let me know. I love hearing and featuring the happy endings!
So, now you know some of things I have planned around here. I hope you will continue to follow along and I would love to meet some of you in person this year! This is just the beginning…let’s see where this path takes us…!