Health & Safety
Protocols and Precautions
As an animal photographer, we have always taken more than the usual health and safety measures and we intend on continuing those. However, in order to keep you up-to-date, here is a list of the precautions that will govern the way we do business.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Initially, only outdoor sessions in Stage 2 locations will be held. As always these can be held at a location of your choice within the approved areas. For those with private backyards, there is a possibility of holding a studio session there. We can discuss the details when we speak during your Design Consult.
- We will practice social-distancing and maintain 6 ft from you at all times during the session. I have always favoured a ‘long lens’ approach and the style of my images reflect its use.
- We will have sanitizer on hand and can wear a mask for the duration of your session.
- Outdoor sessions will be scheduled in such a way that you will not come in contact with any other clients.
- All equipment will be cleaned and disinfected using veterinary grade cleaner between sessions. The disinfectant is called Prevail and is on the Government of Canada’s List of disinfectants with evidence for use against COVID-19. It is important to note that, as a pet-exclusive studio, we have had this protocol for some time. However, with the new circumstances, we wanted to highlight it.
- Design consults (pre-session) will be conducted on the phone and/or tele-conference.
- Ordering sessions (post-session) will be conducted via tele-conference.
- We will check on you 24-hours before any session to ensure that you have not displayed any symptoms within the last 14 days.
- Initially, only persons being photographed may attend the session and must be from the same household.
If you are feeling unwell for ANY reason, please contact me to reschedule your session.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
- If you have travelled outside of Ontario, please request a session date that is after the 14-day quarantine period. The same applies if you have tested positive and/or displayed symptoms.
- You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire prior to the session. The questionnaire will be reviewed with you, upon arrival.
- If you are feeling unwell the day of your session, please contact us and we will reschedule your session.
- Wearing a mask is up to you. We recognize that everyone is navigating this crisis differently and comfort levels vary. There may be reasons why you prefer not to wear a mask (not the least of which is you want to be photographed), and we will work with you.
- Let us know if you would prefer that we not touch your pet(s) during the session. Again, we will work with your comfort level.
- Please be understanding when we greet you without the usual handshake or leave without a hug.